Zilog z80 to Motorola 6809 Transcode – Part 005 – Characters and Sprites now have the correct Colour

Today I managed to setup the palette info for the CoCo 3 to be an exact match for the Pac Man color Prom and then I converted all the existing characters and sprites to their proper colours according to the Pac Man Source code.  I think they look amazing…  I am worried though that with the full size sprites the CoCo 3 has to move around quite a lot of data each frame.  I hope the CoCo can do it.  It would be a shame to port this over to the CoCo 3 and have it look so amazing but unplayable because it’s too slow.  I’ll keep struggling through the code…  Maybe I’ll do some sprite writing code to test how fast the CoCo 3 can move this much data around.

Here’s what the characters  will look like for the game, this is from the CoCo 3 screen using MAME.

screen-shot-2017-01-05-at-10-49-40-pm

This is what the sprites will look like, also from the CoCo 3 screen using MAME.

screen-shot-2017-01-05-at-11-25-17-pm

I don’t know what the real colour info is for the explosion sprite, I couldn’t find any reference to it in the source code.  I did find a palette entry that matched what it would look like if it was a Red ghost that is exploding so I used that palette for it.

See you in the next post…

Glen

Advertisements
This entry was posted in CoCo Programming. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s