Zilog z80 to Motorola 6809 Transcode – Part 008 – Character generator fixes and has Colour support

I fixed up the DrawCharacter routine that now masks off the high bit of the screen address as some of the pointers were pointing to addresses in the C3D4 range which is not possible.  I also added a routine that can print characters in colour…

I’ve got as far as showing the following screen now…

screen-shot-2017-01-14-at-3-06-02-pm

I still have to work out how Pac Man sprite hardware works and match it to my sprite engine at least the character generation is pretty much complete.  Next it’s a matter of adding routines that are missing in the Main game loop, one at a time.

See you in the next post…

Advertisements
This entry was posted in CoCo Programming. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s